Places

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

10 Reasons Why I Love Will Herondale -Spoilers-



In order to recover from Clockwork Prince I feel like this post is necessary. Will Herondale is amazing and I want the world to know it. I love him more then any other character ever written. But simply stating that you love someone or something with out valid reason, I think is not true love. So here I have compiled a short list in no particular order of reasons why Will has captured my heart.

(This does contain some spoilers, they aren't marked so read at your own risk.)

1.) The Memory Rune. I think it was Jace (I could be wrong) who once mentioned that the closer a rune is to the heart the stronger the rune is. Will Herondale has a permanent Memory Rune right above his heart. That means that all the terrible memories he has lived thru are still bright and vivid in his mind. His memories are inescapable. Memories of his mother crying out his name, memories of his sister dying, memories of Tessa. I think it's time he had some good memories to dwell on.


2.) Will is beautiful. Yes Will's beauty is unreal in it's perfection, but what is outward beauty without inner beauty? Nothing. Fortunately for Will his soul is just as beautiful as are his eyes.


3.) Speaking of beautiful soul. I've never read of another character that was capable of so much love, compassion, selflessness, and sincerity. Yes I said sincerity. Will Herondale is actually quite sincere.

4.) Chivalry at it's finest. Does anyone remember a certain scene in Clockwork Angel where Will dashes off tearing thru the streets of London riding bareback on a stallion to save the woman he loves. 'Nough said right there. But not for Will, he again preforms a great act of chivalry for Tessa in Clockwork Prince, and I'm not talking about helping her step over a puddle.

5.) Will is noble. At the very end he makes a certain congratulatory toast. He did it so gracefully too. He is far more noble then meets the eye.

6.) Beauty is nice but Will has brains too. It seems to me that Will is always the one coming with the plans against Mortmain, and he knows how to get out of sticky situations.

7.) He is book nerd! Will's room is piled with books upon books. Once again 'nough said.

8.) He can make any name sound sexy. I'll be honest I never really much cared for the name Tessa; until Tessa described the way Will said her name. Swoon. I even liked the way he said Mildred.

9.) He is a true friend. He rather break his own heart and suffer in silence then to hurt his friends. And he he is so loyal, he would take down down anyone who dared mess with one of his friends.

10.) Will is simply charming. Even though he's tried so hard not to be loved, Will Herondale is still deeply adored. Could you imagine what he'll be like now that he wants to win us all over?

I can't wait to fall in love even more in Clockwork Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment