Places

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Across The Universe By Beth Revis

 Across The Universe paper back is out today! So to celebrate I'm doing a review!

Across the Universe is a combination of some of my favorite genres. It's a little bit romance, a little bit fantasy, and a classic who done it mystery; all cleverly wrapped up and simply labeled Sci-fi.

Instead of going thru all the events that happen I'll make this short and sweet.
There's a spaceship and boy, Elder, who's destined to rule said ship. There is frozen girl, Amy, waiting to land on a new world. Some "accidents" happen and the girl is suddenly unfrozen, and it's chaos and confusion all over the place as more people are being unfrozen and dyeing. In the middle of all that Elder reliazes that he has feelings for Amy, feelings that he as future leader should not have. As that plot unravels Amy and Elder learn that everything they had been told before was a lie. Lies are the only thing holding the ship together.

I loved reading this book because it as like putting together a puzzle in my mind. All of the pieces were right there and every time I turned the page it was like putting a piece in it's place and it wasn't until the last page that I figured out the whole picture. My mind kept turning trying to figure out the mystery, but in between that was the blossoming of beautiful romance that read almost like poetry.

The characters are beautifully written, their raw emotion is realistic and you will remember them long after you put the book down.  They go thru so much tragedy and loss but there is this stem of a tiny flicker of light, it's the hope of human nature wanting to survive and Revis captured that beautifully. She showed how far people are willing to go to survive, and she leaves the reader the question of is it better to do what is necessary or what is right? I didn't think there was a difference until I finished this book. And I will leave you fellow reader to answer it for yourself.

In the mean time I'll be eagerly awaiting the next book in this series A Million Suns.

I give Across the Universe 4 stars, it's one that will be remembered.
My Fav Character: Orion. I'll just say he is very well written and clever. 
My Fav Qoute: This is the secret of the stars, I tell myself. In the end, we are all alone. No matter how close we seem no one else can touch us.- Amy from Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe by Beth Revis is out now! Go get it, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment